We know that it can be stressful trying to get all of your documentation in order and we want to make this process as easy as possible for you. We have created this list so you know exactly what you need when you are applying for your loan.

Income Items

1. W2 forms for the last two years
2. Pay stubs covering a 30 day period
3. Federal tax returns (1040s) for the last two years, if you are self-employed, earn more than 25% of your income from commissions or bonuses, own rental property, or are getting a USDA or THDA loan
4. Corporate or partnership tax returns (if applicable)
5. Pension Award letter (for retired individuals)
6. Social Security Award letters (for those on Social Security)


1. Bank statements for the previous two months on all accounts, all pages
2. Statements for two months on all stocks, mutual funds, bonds, etc
3. Copy of 401K statement (or other retirement assets)
4. Copy of Closing Disclosure on recent sales of homes
5. Gift letter if some of the funds come as a gift from a family member (we will give this form to you)
6. Gifts can also require a verification of donor’s ability to make the gift (bank statement), a copy of the check used to make the gift, a copy of the deposit receipt showing the funds deposited into bank account or escrow

credit items

1. Explanations for any of the following items that may appear on your credit report (we will help with all of this if needed); late payments, credit inquiries in the last 90 days, charge-offs, collections, judgements, and liens
2. Copy of bankruptcy papers if you have filed bankruptcy within the last seven years


1. Copy of driver’s license
2. Copy of purchase agreement (if you have already made an offer)
3. To document receipt of child support, a copy of Marital Dissolution Agreement (to show the amount)


1. Green Card if not a US citizen


1. Copy of DD214
2. Copy of a termination letter


1. Name, address, phone number, loan number of existing loan/lender
2. Payoff on subject property
3. Most recent mortgage statements on all homes owned
4. Copy of homeowners insurance policy for all properties